school days

I have decided to stop writing about the boring and unsuccessful life I am leading now. From now on I will write more about past, those sweet memories I hope to relive. Let me start with my school. I did my schooling from LKG to 4th standard in a girl’s high school. Never again did I get an opportunity after primary school to be among such a sea of beautiful women. It is always a pain to tolerate women when they are a minority. They believe boys give them attention and care because they are special. I have heard one of my colleagues telling she is the most beautiful woman in the class which has 5 girls. It is actually the kind of bragging which we can let off as women are always on the pursuit of fame (nothing else). So coming back to my old school, we had 40 girls and 17 boys in our class. In the age of innocence those women looked so beautiful and cute, and regret terribly for not capitalizing the situation like the protagonist in the movie chocolate.But the most profound memory is of the assemblies we used to have back then. I was the person who regularly led the pledge (India is my country.... and the controversial mention about brothers and sisters),I had a celebrity status of the smart kid who memorized the whole pledge and as usual was so carried away by the attention that I stopped focussing. After a particular point I started forgetting a word, sometimes a phrase and even a sentence. The last pledge was such a disaster that the head mistress dictated the whole pledge to me before the students, which I repeated followed by the crowd after which they were forced to find a replacement.
October 3

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home