A busy week.....

Life is never gloomy when you are busy. I had learned this lesson during my stint in the placement cell. I make it a point to be busy whenever I am on a low. So when CAT was not smooth enough to give me confidence to even correct the paper, I decided to let myself wander. On Monday I went with Shobha kunjamma and Gopi chacha to Bangalore book festival. The main purpose was to buy some books for Gauri. It was a huge exhibition and I really wished I had a job so that I could swipe my ATM card without any feeling of regret. I decided not to buy anything and planned to come back on Wednesday. I heard a very bad news when I was inside the stall. I don’t want to discuss about it. Just want to say that God has gone to holidays in Swiss Alps and has lost touch with us. The return journey was eventful. There was a huge party gathering of JD(S) on palace grounds and the whole of Bangalore was held to ransom. It took almost 3 hours to reach home. It brought back memories of rallies done in marine drive by Karunakaran and Sons Pvt Ltd during the funny days of groupism in congress.
On Tuesday I went to British library and sat there for about 7 hours reading. I read some books on probability (one of my favourite subjects) in the beginning and later found a book on logic and borrowed it after reading for some time. I remember my cousin saying philosophy is one of the most interesting subjects, which can be used in the study of many other subjects. Logic is actually the first thing that is taught in philosophy. I also glanced through an essay against nuclear weapons by Arundhati Roy. She is an author whom I hate for no specific reason (maybe it is my male chauvinism that is working against her or is it the residues of right leaning?). But the essay was truly captivating. She is arrogant and impudent, the qualities that make me respect women. I hate women who are humble and shy. They don’t do any good to men. It is when men see truly competent women that we feel like improving ourselves and outwitting them as we are doing for ages.
Another interesting thing happened when I was searching net in the library. I found out those regular visitors from Santa Clara, California and Norwood, Massachusetts in the blogs of my friends were not videshis but deshis. When Vishal visits a blog the feedjit shows that the visitor is coming from Santa Clara (headquarters of intel) and when Nipun does the same it shows Norwood (HQ of AD). Anyway it was fun listening to the reactions of fellow bloggers who couldn’t conceal their shock of losing international viewership (that includes me).
After getting out of library I dropped down on the way to home at RT Nagar to see Lakshman. Poor chap he could buy me only a chat. Hope he will have the opportunity to treat me better next time.
Wednesday was the busiest day. Early morning I went to ISKCON temple. It was truly a superb experience tempting me to send a resume (which I didn’t) to the veritably international centre for marketing Indian Gods like the way we are marketing Yoga and Kamasutra. I decided not to be too judgemental about their motive. I simply fell in love with the structure and sheer size of the place. Professionalism was seen everywhere. Temple authorities back in Kerala can take a leaf out of the practices followed by these people. Then I took a bus to Palace grounds where I brought some charts and a book for Gauri. I also brought ‘Atlas Shrugged’ by Ayn Rand. Reaching home I had my lunch and then got off to Marathahalli, the new hang out for our gang.
Vishal has been planning to shift for a long time from his brother’s place and finally took an apartment near his office in Marathahalli. I went mainly to see my dear friends Ranees, Nipun and Vishal. I had a puff with Ranees and drink with Nipun after a long time. I really missed college when I saw them. Vishal gave me four books as a treat for getting into Intel. I am greatly pleased to see my little library growing. We talked for a long time. Nipun was a bit hesitant to talk in the beginning fearing my blogs but later when he got intoxicated words flowed from him as it always does.
On Thursday when everything got over and I was travelling back home through the boring outer ring road with scores and scores of IT parks and slums on both sides I thought of my life, its hopes, its whims, I thought of God (still abroad enjoying his vacation), his divine plans for me. I sensed life is not that bad. Life is rocking and complaining about it would be like getting angry about the low cooling AC when you are driving Mercedes Benz. Ya life rocks.........

2 comments:

Nipun was a bit hesitant to talk in the beginning fearing my blogs but later when he got intoxicated words flowed from him as it always does.

i vividly remember ,the author giving away some valuable secrets ( that later changed many equations in our class) after having a couple of pegs!

bottom line -secrets should be kept among non drunkards.

November 21, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

tagged!!!

November 22, 2008 at 1:37 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home