Some divine pranks and my usual male chauvinism

Sometimes God grants your wishes in the same way you intended it to be, sometimes he delays it, and sometimes he plays pranks .There is a story of Narad the rishi asking God to make his face look like Hari (the god himself), but God making him look like a monkey. The reason He gave was Hari has multiple meanings, one almighty God and the other monkey (please note the people with the same name!!!). I am a victim of his pranks. Whenever I aboard a train the first thing I check is whether there is any young woman sitting near me. But in all these years I had to be content with M46s, F56s, and M25s. Recently when I was getting into train from Salem I prayed for an F20. But what I got was a bunch of Negroes (the worst part being they tried to evangelize me). But as I said earlier God is the worst prankster. When I went to write the CAT exam on Sunday (the last place I would mind having a distraction) I encountered his nastiest prank. The tables in the exam hall were pathetic and I was shivering even with my sweaters on. When the invigilator asked me to remove my sweater, I felt like killing him. But the worst part was yet to come. The seat beside me was vacant. Suddenly a very cute girl came inside the room. I virtually stood on my knees to pray never to make her sit beside me. But as it is said, man proposes, God disposes. She sat beside me. There are two disadvantages when a good looking girl sits beside you on an exam hall. One you get distracted and would be prone to lose focus (but thank god DI was too tough even to make me look at her) and two you can’t flirt in an exam hall (especially when it is CAT). So as usual nothing miraculous happened (both on amorous and academic fronts) and I got out 2.5 hours after the obnoxious ordeal. The next thing I did was run to forum to catch a movie.
I got a ticket for ‘vaaranam aayiram’ (see it for the music and first half) and much to my frustration Surya the protagonist in the movie meets his lady love Sameera sitting opposite to him in train. But the movie was really good in the first half. When Sameera(a university topper) says she is going to US to study MS for two years Surya, who also happens to be an engineering graduate asks her, is it the one (MS) that takes you 2 years to complete? She is career oriented and he is a quintessential vagabond. She still falls in love with him when he comes all the way to US for his love towards her. She accepts him for all his drawbacks (multiple backlogs and happy jolly attitude towards life). I thoroughly enjoyed the movie’s first half (don’t ask me about the second half). It brings back memories of an old friend who told me that she can’t love a person because he couldn’t solve aptitude questions as fast as she could and she can’t even think of settling with a man inferior to her in academics. When will these women break the glass ceiling???

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home