Tomorrow is the D-day (says who??????)

And thus the long wait is coming to an end. Tomorrow is the day all have been waiting eagerly. In less than 24 hours I will be on my way to JP Nagar where my CAT examination centre is. For the information of all my friends preparations are in full swing, I have almost completed reading Oscar Wilde’s ‘The Picture of Dorian Grey’. I am also reading Thomas Friedman’s new book ‘Hot, Flat and crowded’. As for DI, Quant and VA are concerned, I have lost hope. There are two types of people who can go to an exam hall with a calm mind, the ones who have studied everything and the ones who have studied nothing. No prize for guessing in which category I belong to.
Next week I may be going to thirupathi. It has been a long time since I have been there. On November 23rd there is IIFT entrance. After that I will most probably be leaving to Trivandrum. Before leaving I must go for the book fest, then I should go and see horse racing in the turf club (though I cannot bet on any horse, considering my pecuniary state), and finally I want to go to the ISKON temple.
Life in Bangalore was great; I will never repent for coming here and preparing. I enjoyed my life here. Daily calls from Vishal, Lakshman and my sister made sure that I never felt lonely. Shobha kunjamma and Gopi chacha made sure that my life was meaningful and productive. Where can you have an uncle who says not to sit at home reading and watching TV but to go out and warm your blood or atleast see some beautiful women. I love him more than ever before. When I came here he pushed me to go to gym. I survived amidst Hulk Hogans and Schwarzeneggers for two months after which I succumbed to the winter and discontinued. I had great fun in appu’s place sipping beer and whisky. I will be missing both my cousins vinu and appu. Trivandrum will be boring without Ranjith. The only solace will be Gauri my sweet little niece, I can see her learn to walk and talk till April. Bangalore I will be missing you very much. This year I parted with too many people. All the wonderful people in in kunjatukkara (in cochin), Ranjith, all my college mates. Then I came to this mega city and hoped that leaving it won’t be as painful as leaving Cochin. But now I understand I loved Bangalore as well, with its speed, vibrancy, celebrations. I could see glimpses of happiness even in the eyes of street urchins. Those eyes told me to move on, to enjoy every moment of my life to make sure that I never repent the past. Adios Bangalore, thank you for teaching me to live and never to complain.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home