The Beginning

I have tried blogging many times earlier. But as all my friends know I am not a meticulous person who follows a routine. Now I feel like writing regularly as it would be a catharsis especially when nowdays i have a very few people to talk to( As a matter of fact once upon a time I commanded the interest of a large number of audience, but these days I am more of a humble listener). I envisage this blog to develop as a platform which discusses a wide array of issues from politics (my favourite), history, philosophy, relationships, success, career and many more. Today happens to be the 4th of August, and all the readers ( if there are any...) may wonder why it got published so late. I am in Bangalore, far away from my home in Trivandrum. I want to make sure that I write at least 5 pages before I go back to Trivandrum after August 10th. So what to begin with? Let me start with something pleasant and new.

Yesterday I had gone to watch a play in a theatre named Ranga Shankara in Bangalore. The idea of watching a play was mooted by my friend Nipun with whom i share a lot of interests. I am a complete novice as far as theatre is concerned. My cousin had warned me that you need to have multiple experience in watching plays to understand the nuances in acting. So I went there with my fingers crossed. As usual I was late( thankfully same with Nipun) and we did not get a ticket for the matinee. So we planned to come back for the evening show. We started our usual conversations about politics, history( with a never ending right left conflict) entrepreneurship and electronics( which happens to be our subject). As usual the conversation continued in the cheapest bar in the area(it is interesting that two big dreamers earnestly talk about creating a multi crore corporation and subsequently changing the future of our country in the most unlikely place. Did the Father of Nation tell that The Future of the Country lives in Bars???). We were back in the theatre at around 6 O clock and Nipun suspected I was a bit over drunk as always ( why my life is so mundane, so very insulated to change). Believe me the theatre complex was filled with so many vibrant women that we rarely find in my state. They smoked, they talked about sex and most importantly they never cared about what the world thought of them. I was out of my mind and suspected my ability to maintain a decorum inside the theatre. Then I saw Rajit Kapur the handsome actor(I hate to call men handsome but can’t help this time) who played the lead in the play. I liked him very much for his performance in ‘Agnisakshi’ a malayalam movie based on a popular novel. The name of the play was ‘Love Letters’. The play also featured Shehnaz Patel who played the female lead( as it turned out the play had only two actors). For those of you who don’t know Shehnaz Patel- she played the mother of Rani Mukherjee in the movie Black.

– August 4th

0 comments:

Newer Post Home