actors make us weep, politicians amuse

The play was touching and the performances were excellent. The story was a bit cliché. It dealt with the same old subject of unexpressed love. May be I couldn’t figure out the other nuances in the play. But me (who has suffered a lot from unexpressed love) and my friend (who has suffered a lot from highly expressive love) thoroughly enjoyed it. I am not going into the details of the story as i would like everyone reading this blog to watch it with all the freshness. I had thought of writing about love( especially how much it matters to me) in this blog, but I don’t have much time today. What else..... I went for CAT coaching as usual to IMS( I am having it only on Tuesdays and Fridays). The office got shifted and I was late for the class. Finished reading a Sidney Sheldon novel ( The sky is falling). It was superb as usual. I got a copy of the magazine ‘WEEK’ today. As I am not in Kerala and here we don’t subscribe to Malayalam newspapers i was not getting the daily dose of thamashas provided by the politicians in my home state. I came across a hilarious comment made by our CM who happens to be an octogenarian buffoon. I think the comment was made during the heydays of congress left standoff on nuclear deal. Everyone from both sides was debating on the merits and demerits of the deal. In between that some journalists asked our CM why the CPM is not taking into account the support given to the deal by the Dr APJ Abdul Kalam. His answer was ‘’Abdul Kalam is (just) a scientist who sends rockets to the sky’’. This statement implicitly means his opinion of deal is not to be given much importance. I believe nobody told our CM was just a tailor and his comments are unimportant. I make it very clear that I have no disrespect towards tailors who do a fabulous job, but to classify the former President of this country( who also happens to be a recipient of the highest civilian honour Bharat Ratna) and one who was closely associated with the Pokhran Nuclear tests of 1998 as just a rocket scientist is simply unbecoming especially when it comes from a veteran politician( who is supposed to have a lot of wisdom). All I can say to our dear CM is that ‘grow up sir the world is watching and expects better from you’

- August 5th

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home