A bird’s week

Sunday- The birth

I can’t open my eyes, but it seems my mind can tell, there is something wrong with the way the world sees me. Everyone around me is devious and is waiting for an opportunity to hunt me down in the one week I am alive. I don’t want to fly and for heaven’s sake give me some privacy.

Monday- The learning

The sun’s rays are hurting me and the heat in the nest is unbearable. Why was I born? All the birds around me are trying to start a conversation with me. I don’t want to listen to the empty chatter .My mother said the prudence is the highest virtue and she would guide me throughout the week. The whole week I would try to avoid bad company and will maintain my reputation intact.

Tuesday- The outburst

Today on my third day in the world, a wily bird tried to socialize. It said it knows me from the day I was born and my voice is truly captivating (which incidentally I am aware of). The wily bird is very famous for its grandiloquent gestures and I hate it when it becomes physically intimate to me. I hate when the wretched one touches my body.

PS: My mother also hates him

Wednesday-The friend

Every bird in the forest is attracted to my friend, but it is attracted only to me. Maybe it likes the fact that I am a prude. Prudes are so rare these days. I think I am a prized catch for my friend. I sing like a peacock and look like a nightingale. But my friend is always courting me and I don’t like that. The last thing I want in the three days left for me in the world is a bad name. Today my friend invited me to fly with the flock. I was shocked and rejected the offer outright. What a shame....whew......

PS: My mom hates my friend too

Thursday- The epiphany

Today I peeked out of my nest and saw the beautiful forest. I wanted to fly at that moment. The sun was beautiful in the morning sky. I was alone on the tree and saw the birds from another tree flying off. I joined them and it was nice. We saw rivers and mountains in our flight. The new birds are so warm and I spent the night with them on the topmost branch of a new tree. They were all excellent mates and I am sure I will bear good children like me.

PS: I can’t see mom. Can someone tell me where it is (but please don’t bring it here)??

Friday- Memories

I saw the wily bird today when I was with my new friends. It looked so nice. Though I am now in a different tree it greeted me. It is so nice of it to have remembered me after 2 days .I hope it will meet someone as good as me and will end up on a tree as high as mine. As I was in the middle of procreation I didn’t ask it about my neighbors in the old tree.

PS: I laid 20 eggs today. I ate 5 of them and my mates ate 5. I will groom the rest like the way my mother groomed me, truly in the prudish way.

Saturday- The death

I felt weak today, but I flew to my old nest. I did not see my friend there. I was so eager to tell it about my new mates. I talked to all the birds, I avoided 5 days ago. They are all so good mannered. I went to see my mom, but it is dead. I saw the beautiful evening sun, and knew how foolish I was to scorn it on the day I was born. Then I flew to my new home where I saw my mates all dead and my children trying to open their eyes. I flew to the river to drink water when suddenly I felt my wings were powerless. Before I fell into the river, to its depths forever, I saw my reflection for the first and last time. It said to me ‘My name is women. My opinions are as strong as a bamboo. It will never break. But I am flexible. I can bend as much as I like. My ethics are for sale. I live for a week and lie for 7 days. Half a week I play a victim and the rest I use to create victims. Help me from you, who is about to tell the truth. Feed me with lies. Pamper me so that I can predate on you. My name is woman, and those who disrespect me are cursed to live in hell. ’

7 comments:

Dudee !!! u gonna get into big trouble if some femist females reads this .... bt seriously bro fantastic concept ... i felt in between it lost a link (slightly) but great work dude ... i lykd it ... cheers .... Neecool

September 16, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

i know all the guys who read your blog will enjoy this but has this not crossed the limits of abusing a gal? who ever it may be? Strictly speaking i found it really abusing to gals.

September 17, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

Once upon a time a very sensible person wrote these words. Nothing more needs to be said......

"These are all my thoughts, i don't think i need to measure them or qualify them (Unless i am giving out the recipe of a bomb or the critical mass of uranium) while i am writing on these blogs. Please be delicate to them and please keep in mind that nothing is being proved here...."

Are you satisfied Mr Vishal chivalrous Narayanan???

September 17, 2009 at 7:12 PM  

Ohh did i state that this blog is violating the ladies rule the world act which was published in 17th july 1944 in korea?? Did i say 5 to 6 paragraphs mentioning about the rule and that chapter 7 verse 5 has been violated in this blog?? It was because of which Mr chivalrous narayanan gave such a comment then!! My comment was not a legal statement. It was just a question i believe? Try putting the comment to which i replied as you had mentioned.. Mr Ayyappa verbose das....

September 17, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

I did not see Nipun questioning the legality of you posting a highly offensive blog against him. He just mentioned why he took the legal route and the clauses that emboldens him to take such an action. I repeat he never questioned your motive to post such a blog or threatened you with legal action.

About the verbose part. I like being called verbose(eloquent to be more precise) because I have always been verbose. People who are hurt when called chivalrous(a very positive attribute) are those who never used to be so.

September 18, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

Why do you assume some thing man? who said i am hurt? I know that chivalrous is being brave....I do agree on all the aspects what ever you have said is true.....i just wanted to see how it will be on the other side of the river..... :) Ithrayum pore....Ayyappa Chokalingamee???

September 21, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

Powerfully written. :)

October 30, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home