Last week I received a copy of the book “Games Indians play” from a friend which happens to be one of the most thought provoking works I have read since Taleb. I love Probability Theories and may be that is the reason why I found it gripping.The pessimism, the author caters towards our society though disappoints us a lot is perfectly warranted given the abysmal state in which our country is in. The premise on which the book is built is known to all of us, but is brushed aside as a phase which we will pass once we as a country grow consistently GDPwise. We as a society “is” structurally flawed. The truth we ignore blissfully seeing the small flyovers and metro rails sprouting across our cities. The author uses the prisoner’s dilemma and game theory in analysing, how Indians behave collectively to a scenario. We aggressively pursue a selfish course, forgetting how damaging it is to our growth as a strong civilization which can flourish together abiding the “Rule of Law”.

I am not proceeding into a detailed analysis of the book which would do a disservice to someone looking forward to read it. Thanks Ais for “Games Indians Play”. You have always been bang on when it comes to things I would enjoy and despise. Month end blues prevents me from returning the gesture, but I wish you a Wonderful Lizard free Diwali. :P

1 comments:

I understand the month end blues, ennenkilum oru valiya kaashukaaran aakumbol vallapozhum kurachu s'pore dollars sympathy yude purath money order aayi ayachu thannaal mathi!
I really need that Diwali wish, it still keeps peeping through the closed window :O

October 22, 2011 at 9:46 AM  

Older Post Home